29 June 2010

Tonic butterfly punch, paula pascual stamps

I've been playing with that wonderful butterfly punch again and came up with this - very "simples" but I love it!

The sentiment has been stamped using one of my new Paula Pascual stamp sets. I need to buy some different inks (ones that Paula recommends) as the inks that I'm using (VersaColour), whilst I love them, they are not coming up "crisp and clear" enough as the ink is not covering the stamp that well - however much I'm tapping it on and however much pressure I put on when pressing it onto the card. I was too impatient to wait until I'd been to my local craft shop to get the different inks and therefore just used what I had!! So watch this space.

I've tried it with the same ink type but a much "stronger" colour and it has come out much better:-


The bird cage and butterfly stamps on the right are from Craftwork Cards stamp set.

I'm reluctant to use my Stazon at the moment until I've bought some of the inks that Paula recommends for her stamp sets (which are just fab BTW - sorry I've not done them much justice!)

As you can guess I'm not an expert with inks at all - I'm only now just getting into stamping so have got a lot to learn (and I need to buy lots of different inks too!), but for as long as I've been crafting, and because I don't stamp that much, inks have always caused me confusion as to what is the best type for what (apart from I do know that Stazon works great on acetate!) LOL

Tina
X

3 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Two great card, love the first one.

Vivien said...

As always - really lovely cards Tina!
And I love that furry thing under your desk in an earlier post...would love one of those!!!
Viv xx

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Thanks ladies.

Viv glad you like my little furry friend under my desk!

Tina
X

Related Posts with Thumbnails