24 May 2011

Less is More - Week 16 - Theme - Butterflies

Hi LIMettes well last week I wanted to join in the fun with the embossing, and I was thinking, and thinking of what could I do and then blow me it was Saturday and I had totally missed the deadline without a card made (shame on me).  So I not gonna get caught out like that this week so card is now made in super quick time!! 

Those lovely ladies Chrissie and Mandi have set another great challenge over at Less is More this week with the theme Butterfly/Butterflies - and we all love a butterfly don't we!!  I've already had a peek at the super quick and talented bunch that join in each week and there are some STUNNING creations (talk about put you off your work trying to think up something equally as lovely!!!!)  Anyways at least this week I actually have made my card - LOL and here it is:-

 I was going to do the added on butterflies in white - but decided on the red as I thought they had more impact.
Recipe
Card blank: Craftwork Cards
Black Butterfly and red butterflies cut using Cricut and the Paper Lace Cartridge

Would love to read what you think of my effort this week and I'm looking forward to commenting on some of your work too!

Thanks for stopping by and...

Happy Crafting


Tina
XXX

15 comments:

Mandi said...

Hi Tina
you are forgiven for missing last week...just! :)
You were missed
Your card is so striking. The best bit is due to the open design of the black butterfly configuration it still gives us loads of white space
Wonderful!
thank you for your loyalty
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Beautiful creation!

Ali x

Lynda said...

Wow Tina - love this one - that background is stunning and the red just pops!

Love Lynda xxx

Hannah said...

A beautiful card, love the striking contrast between the black and red. Very different from the rest as well which is lovely :)

KraftyKoolKat said...

Really lovely and so delicate.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Pauline said...

Gorgeous, that background is stunning! Like the red butterflies, did you try them in white? Or silver? Either way it is very striking xx

Suze Bain said...

Very striking, I love the black 'butterfly lace' background. Fab. xx

Aileen said...

Love the intricate butterfly background with the contrasting red. x

Jenny said...

Wow this is so amazing, I love the lace cut and the colours help with the wow factor too :)
Jenny x

Sue said...

Yes I too think the red is better than white for the contrasting butterflies. A very striking card quite different, a nice change. Sue x

Deborah Frings said...

The lattice work effect of the butterfly paper is fab! And the red is a perfect contrast - looks wonderful!

Kathyk said...

FAB card - now THAT would stand out on your mantel!

Kathyk

Kirsti said...

Lovely simple card Tina...very effective!!!

Kirsti xxx

Vee said...

Hi Tina,
Just came across your butterfly card, it's just beautiful - have seen something like it as a framed picture in Laura Ashley - would'nt it look good as a wall hanging!
Vee

Susan said...

Great card, Tina! Love how the red butterflies pop on the black lacy background!

Related Posts with Thumbnails