13 August 2011

Less is More Week 28 - One Layer

Good morning LIMettes

Hope you are all OK this morning, the rain has just stopped and the sun is trying to come out where I am.....  So its Saturday and its Less is More challenge time again!  This week its one layer week and Chrissie and Mandi would like you to use ink but in a different way to what you have before (thankfully this does include ink pads!)  Well when I saw this challenge this morning first thing (hubby now thinks I'm sad that I was checking the computer at 8am this morning - but I told him that there were also 16 other people looking in too he reckons we are all addicted to LIM - and I said well of course we are!!!!!)

So having read the details of what was needed this week I went into big panic mode - I'm not that creative with inks or ink effects its just not my "bag" really so this was a challenge in the true sense of the word.....

So three attempts later (and because I was not happy with what I was creating I popped out to Tesco to do my food shop for the weekend), I then came back made myself a nice coffee and ate some biscuits and then suddenly another idea popped into my head........... So here is what I came up with...
So what did I do that was different..... well these flowers are a mask.  So I placed the mask on the pearlised cardstock and used dry foam pads with my Worn Lipstick and Bundled Sage distress inks.  Now when I lifted off the mask the flowers were very subtle in colour and I wanted them to be more vibrant and here is where my "doing something different" comes in.... I pressed the Worn Lipstick inkpad on to my acrylic block and then got my waterbrush and picked up the colour and re-coloured all of the flowers.  Below are some close up hope you can see it!  I'm hoping that it gives a very slight watercoloured effect...

 As you can also see I couldn't help myself with the crystals - but I do think it finishes off my flowers loverley.......
I used just a simple sentiment and then I was finally (and thankfully!!!!) done.

So looking forward to see what everyone creates this week I'm sure there are going to be some stunning entries - and now i didn't mention earlier but it has to be said Chrissie and Mandi your creations this week are AWESOME!!

Have a great weekend and until next time...

Happy crafting


Tina
XXX

35 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

What a great effect and the gems do finish it off perfectly!

My name is Wynneth said...

Nice masking Tina, lovely soft effect you achieved and well done for trying a new technique with your inks.
hugs
wynneth
x

Sarah said...

Tina what a beautiful effect you have created! A really pretty card.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Tina
Love this sooo gorgeous ....hugs sylvie
xxx
not started om mine yet.....ideas flashing through my mind

Sarn said...

Fantastic! Really nice card.

Hugs, Sandra View my card HERE!

Hazel said...

What a super card (lol - I'm another one that had three attempts cast aside before I got to my finished card) - worth the effort x

Chrissie said...

Great card Tina, I'm glad you had fun AND tried something different.
Super job!
Thanks so much.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Sue said...

Brilliant card Luv Sue x

Lynne said...

Super technique with a lovely result. Your flowers are beautiful.
Lynne xxx

Mandi said...

This is really pretty Tina
Thanks for your comments about our cards
Thanks so much
Mandi
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Carole Campanile said...

Tina - marvelous card! Watercoloring onto masking .... fabulous idea and it really did make it pop. Very beautiful card. TFS.
Carole

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Tina!! I love the effect you've achieved and the whole thing is just so pretty and fresh. xx

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful soft stenciled look! ;)

Beryl K said...

Lovely card
Beryl x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful clean and simple card!

Hazel said...

It's worked out beautifully, lovely colours too. Hazel x

Suze Bain said...

You did a neat job re-colouring the petals Tina. A really pretty card. xx

Jenny said...

What a pretty card, the flowers are a beutiful colour and do indeed look vibrant :)
These challenges are great for making you stretch your craft stash :)
Jenny x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Great stenciled flowers, Tina. Sometimes a one layer card can be the hardest thing to make!

cheryl said...

oh this is gorgeous hun love those flowers,gems finish it off beautifully,still thinking about mine,hugs cherylxx

Jan said...

Wonderful card xx Jan

Linby said...

such a delicate effect you have achieved-lovely.
Linbyx

Aileen said...

Hi Tina, Love your sponged flowers, it gives a lovely soft effect. x

Maja said...

Great effect, beautiful and very gentle card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is a gorgeous card, lovely colours and inventive too

Jenni's Jems said...

How clever are you ! those petals that you re-colored are fab x

Sasha said...

Super card and a great effect with the masking !

Susan said...

I'd say you got some nice bright colors! What a lovely card!

Deborah Frings said...

Such lovely blooms - it gives a pretty, soft look to the flowers. This is a fun challenge with lots of new techniques for me to try. Here's mine!

GinaA said...

Love the soft colour change this effect has given to the card.

Canonbury creations said...

Very pretty Tina and everyone needs at least one gem!!
Val x

Jo Street said...

Tina its a gorgeous card!
Jo x

Anne said...

Lovely card and I think the biscuits must have helped lol!
Anne
x

Shirley said...

I am always inspired by your "clean and simple" cards but still have not plucked upthe courage to have a go.

Shirley

Anonymous said...

I love the colours you've used - such a pretty card. Gill x

Related Posts with Thumbnails